Do not put the sale of your home in the hands of anyone. To find out how to choose a real estate broker, you can first check out some important criteria: training, experience, references, etc. But to avoid wasting time, know that in addition to his in-depth knowledge of the market, a broker must demonstrate other qualities. You can get the real estate for sale in Shreveport-Bossier LA easily now.
Three tips for choosing the real estate broker who will sell your home
- Meet several brokers
Shop. To choose a real estate broker, you will first have to take the time to meet three or four people before making your choice. Why? To determine if you are “compatible”. Perhaps you find the word a little strong, but the fact remains that it is necessary to know if you are made to hear from you. At this meeting, pay special attention to:
- The quality of his listening
- Your level of well-being in his company
- Your impressions of his knowledge of the real estate market
- His degree of commitment, enthusiasm and dynamism
- Beware of the beautiful, good, cheap
How to choose a real estate broker does not mean that you have to sign a brokerage contract with someone who seems ready to give you more for less money. Be particularly careful of the broker who:
- Evaluate your property from the first meeting
- Affirms that classified ads on the Internet, in newspapers or by the MLS / SIA system are not necessary
- Is ready to lower his commission five minutes after the first meeting just so that you put your signature at the bottom of the contract
A conscientious real estate broker will take the time to do the necessary research on the market value of your property. He will be ready to use all the tools at his disposal so that your house is seen by the greatest number of potential buyers. And certainly, the broker will be ready to negotiate his commission (it will be the right time to gauge his negotiating skills), but not without having argued a little.
- Ask questions
Do not be embarrassed. Ask him all the questions that come to your mind:
- Do you know our neighborhood? Which houses do you have for sale nearby?
- How do you intend to showcase our property?
- Do you have any renovation knowledge?
- What is your commission rate? What commission splitting will you do if a broker represents the buyers?
- What will be the term of office that will bind us to each other?
Even the easiest real estate transaction takes time, organization and knowledge; a single mistake can cost you a lot. For most homeowners, working with a real estate broker remains the best solution. Here are seven good reasons.
Reasons to work with a real estate broker
The broker is a specialist in real estate operations and it is his training that proves it.
- Market knowledge
- Working with a real estate broker means teaming up with someone who knows how to analyze the market.
- The broker has the answer to these questions.
- Residential valuation
With his expert eye, a real estate broker can suggest enhancement tips to better sell your property. It can also put you in touch with professionals of the residential valuation (home staging). A cool painting in the hallway can work wonders.