When asbestos is discovered in a home, it is a major hazard. Asbestos has a slew of severe health consequences, so if it’s discovered in your home, asbestos removal is a must. On the other hand, the expert companies want to make sure you grasp typical Asbestos removal Oxford myths and why asbestos is so dangerous.
The following are some of the frequent asbestos myths-
No Asbestos in New Properties
That would be the case in an ideal world, but that isn’t the reality. Asbestos can be found in a variety of materials including those used in modern construction. Asbestos-based materials are less common in contemporary homes, but the only way to tell whether asbestos is present in a house is to have it inspected.
Mesothelioma is a disease that spreads from person to person.
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that develops in the lungs as a result of inhaling asbestos fibers. Asbestos fibers are responsible for the development of this malignancy as well as other breathing problems. This cancer (or other lung diseases) is not contagious, despite its serious nature.
It’s not okay to remove Asbestos on your own
You could have overheard someone say they’ve done it before, but it’s not at all safe. Asbestos fibers are easily disturbed and can settle in any location once they have been exposed. This implies that even if you wear the proper protective equipment when moving asbestos, the fibers may find up elsewhere in the house or even be absorbed into the ventilation system, spreading it throughout the house. It is not safe to attempt this, which is why you should hire a licensed asbestos removal professional to assist you.
Is It Possible to Get Asbestos Out of Your Body?
Unfortunately, unlike salt, this is not possible, which can be flushed out by simply drinking enough water. It is impossible to eliminate fibers once they have entered your body. As a result, you should avoid dealing with asbestos yourself and instead hire a professional.
Important Considerations –
- Do not try to remove the asbestos on your own.
- Don’t stay in a location where asbestos has been identified for too long.
- Because asbestos is so explosive, it’s crucial not to sweep any trash that could contain asbestos.
- Do not drill a hole in asbestos-containing materials. Scraping and sawing should be avoided at all costs.
- Use the necessary masks to protect yourself from asbestos fibers.
- Hire professionals to remove asbestos from your home.
- If you suspect your home contains asbestos, hire a skilled building inspector to inspect it.
- If your flooring contains asbestos, don’t try to level it with the other floors by sanding it.
Take Asbestos Removal Seriously
People who do not handle the matter immediately risk developing life-threatening diseases as a result of asbestos exposure. Even minor damage to an asbestos-containing material might have serious consequences. Please consult a professional and plan the removal jointly so that you are aware of the measures that must be followed to remove it successfully. If you want to rent or sell your space, make sure the asbestos problem is dealt with by professionals beforehand.