You must maintain every type of floor, including a vinyl floor. Although maintenance on a vinyl floor is relatively easy, it is worth paying the necessary attention to ensure that it lasts a long time. Prevention is a necessity. For example, there are maintenance products specially made for vinyl floors. A distinction is made between “Mat” (for Vinyl floors with a matte appearance) and “Cleaner Mat” (for daily maintenance). With a low cost to install vinyl plank flooring you can have the best understand now.
When purchasing your vinyl floor covering, it will already be provided with a PU layer. This is for protection. You can certainly do nothing wrong by applying an extra PU protective layer yourself with the maintenance products mentioned above. In this way you ensure that adhered dirt is quickly removed, that small scratches (for example after laying the vinyl floor) are repaired and that the strips and tiles are properly sealed to create moisture resistance.
Remember the following tips to ensure that you can extend the life of your floor:
Use a doormat to ensure that it absorbs most of the dirt. That way, you do not have to clean your vinyl floor regularly and the lifespan of it is extended. A mat keeps out the biggest enemies of your vinyl floor: dirt and chemicals.
- Something spilled? That is always possible but tries to clean up everything as quickly as possible.
- Chair legs can make pits in the vinyl over time. So always provide these with good felt caps. This also applies to other furniture.
- Prolonged contact with rubber should be avoided, the otherwise dark brown discoloration can be observed in the long term.
- An office chair can quickly cause wear. There are special wheels for office chairs that are suitable for vinyl floors.
- Try to avoid having to drag heavy objects across the floor. Try to eliminate this as much as possible.
Do not allow the vinyl to absorb too much water. Too much water will penetrate between the cracks, edges and cracks. This can result in the adhesive layer becoming loose and the edges becoming loose due to the use of too much water and curling.
Maintenance on a daily basis: that may consist of vacuuming the floor
Weekly maintenance: this usually consists of more thorough cleaning of the floor with water and a maintenance product.
Do not use detergents, harsh cleaning agents or abrasives. It is best to use products that are specially made to maintain vinyl floors. You should also avoid wax or soluble gloss, as these can damage the floor, make it slippery and dangerous.
- It is no longer a surprise that more and more people are choosing to install a vinyl floor.
- After all, there are enough reasons why it is a good alternative to other types of floors.
- Vinyl feels pleasant, it is sound-absorbing, it insulates well (and is also waterproof) and, finally, it is also easy to clean.
- And also in terms of design you have a huge variety of choice. In short, enough reasons to opt for vinyl.
- It is often recommended to have a vinyl floor laid by a professional, but the real do-it-yourselfer would naturally prefer to do this himself.